Friday, May 4, 2012

Meet Eroca Vermette: She's Dangerous. 

HA! 

Well, no she isn't, but when it comes to her knowledge of music and her enthusiasm for sharing it with others it becomes infectious. You can't help but to hear what she has to say.  I am always envious because she has the drive to see so many amazing live shows and the drive to find new music; a perfect fit for this blog. Happy to have her here!

She recently trekked to the Coachella Festival and she wrote this about a classic: Radiohead

"Have you ever melted with 75,000 people?

Okay kids, so here it is... On April 21st 2012 I melted with 75,000 people watching a band I’ve been waiting to see since the early 90’s. Radiohead... Wow, what a very safe place they’ve become for me. I suppose, in that way, it was kind of odd to see them at Coachella with so many people. They’re a band I tend to listen to while I’m alone and I have many memories tied to their music. The thing is, so does everyone else, which yields a lot of emotion; which makes for one hell of an experience.


The show itself wasn’t a typical headliner show. First of all, they didn’t play any tracks off of “Pablo Honey” or “The Bends”, which they’re most known for. On one hand, I understand not wanting to play tracks written almost twenty years ago, from a completely different headspace. On the other hand, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed I didn’t get to hear “Fake Plastic Trees” or “Creep” live. Those albums are the reason I fell in love with the band in the first place.


Second, it was a mellow show. In comparison with the other headlining bands, there was a lot more swaying than jumping going on. That being said, the songs they did choose to play were all brilliant treats!!! Highlights included “Paranoid Android”, “Reckoner”, “15 Step”, “Weird Fishes/Arpeggi” and a version of “Give Up The Ghost”, from the new “King of Limbs” album, done solo by Yorke. Watching him build the song using nothing but loops of his voice and a guitar was incredible!



Radiohead live was not the “ra ra, freak the fuck out” concert I thought it was going to be. It was something better than that. It was sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes joyous and touching. When they played Karma Police, I was with my best friends; people around us were crying and there were thousands of people singing “For a minute there, I lost myself. I lost myself... I melted... And so did everyone else... And it’s something I’ll never forget."

No comments:

Post a Comment